Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Twilight Zone

This week made no sense... None. I am still trying to wrap my head around it.

It started with transfers. My new companion is Sister Maiden! She is pretty great! We haven't even been together for a week and we've already shared laughs and tears.

Wednesday was literally a day out of the Twilight Zone. I woke up super lightheaded and ended up passing out and going back to bed. I woke up to the sound of breaking glass and our house surrounded by policemen. One of the owners of the office in front had barricaded himself in and died! The police had to break an office window to get to him. After finding that out, we left our apartment and walked down the street for more bizarreness. We were waiting at a crosswalk and a car without a driver rolls past us, through the intersection, and hits a pole. The police were there in .5 seconds (because of the dead body at our apartment) and asked us where the driver went. We had to tell them there hadn't been one. The day was topped off when we went to find an investigator and their ferocious dog busted through the door and chased after Sister Maiden, like a rabid animal. When hitting it with her bag failed she climbed over the porch railing. That night the ugliest bug I've EVER seen climbed on me and after chasing it around the apartment with a mop, we trapped it under a bowl. It's a hybrid between a spider and a cricket and it's terrifying.

Thursday we had an interesting District Meeting and we got to see Carol! I love Carol so much! We taught her about the Book of Mormon and she was so excited to read it. She has the sweetest spirit I've ever encountered.

Thursday evening we went to go see Steven because he hadn't showed up at church and hadn't been answering our calls. We knocked on his door and while we were waiting his neighbor came out and we asked if she'd seen him. She informed us that Steven had passed away on Saturday from unknown causes. Honestly, I'm still trying to come to terms with it but I'm so thankful for my knowledge of the plan of salvation. I know that Steven will continue learning about the gospel where he is now. I hope we get to see and teach his wife again.

The rest of the week was a blur. We taught the Farole's and a few new people. Sunday was fun! Because the speakers for sacrament weren't there, members of the congregation picked their favorite hymns and shared how that song had strengthened their testimony. The congregation then sang that song together. One of the sisters that we teach in English class got up and picked I Am A Child Of God. It was pretty sweet!

The gospel is true, the book is blue. I hope you're all doing well! God bless!

Sister B

New companion! Sister Maiden!
 I am absolutely wearing two name tags...

Window of our building that
the cops had to break.

Sister Brown and her cool drawings of
what we read in the Book of Mormon!
Carol! The sweetest human in the world!

Carol Showing me the flowers
we helped her plant.



Me and Sister Bustard! :)


And for fun... Sister Maiden trying to ride away from weekly planning! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment