Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sweat and Service

This week was a hot one! I have decided I'm not a big fan of humidity, or mosquito, or sunburns. This week I experienced a lot of all three.

We started the week off by finding 4 new investigators! A woman named Vita and her 3 adorable kids! We taught them the restoration and invited them to be baptized! Vita wasn't sure but her kids want to!

We got to see Lois and Francess twice this week! They are so ready for baptism! We went over the baptismal interview questions and they had their interviews! They rocked them! They have such strong testimonies. Lois has been through so much, coming from Africa to escape Ebola, family behind, going to law school, being a single mom, trying to find a job. And she does it all with so much faith that everything will work out if she relies on the Lord. She is my hero!

We had the opportunity to do a training at Zone Training this week. We talked about how the Book of Mormon is a springboard to personal revelation. Something that really stuck out to me was the realization that if we aren't reading the Book of Mormon and allowing our Heavenly Father to communicate with us, we are dying spiritually because we are separated from God. I know the Book of Mormon is true and brings us closer to our Heavenly Father.

We got to do a lot of service this week! We cleaned for a recent convert who just got in a car accident. And a few days later we got to volunteer for a local food bank! I love doing service! (And getting to wear pants!)

We had interviews with our new mission president and he is so great! He had me share a scripture that helped me understand the savior better and I shared 2 Nephi 26:24. Everything the Savior did, he did because he loves us! President Randall invited me to write down every day how I served people and how it helped me feel Christ's love. Will do!

Sunday we sang Count Your Blessings with the young women in sacrament meeting. It was Francess's favorite song when she went up to girls camp. The young women's leader had her tell the congregation why she liked it. She said because she felt the spirit when she sang it and the lord had given her so many blessings that she liked to sing about it. Ah! I love her!

All in all, it was a good, hot week! Lois and Francess get baptized on Sunday and I'm so excited!

Love you all! God bless!

Sister B


Lois and Francess!!

102 degrees with 75% humidity and still smiling!

Valley Forge West Zone

Philly Mural





No comments:

Post a Comment