Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Two Stories Later

Hello friends and family! This week was an adventure!

It started with an intense lesson for our investigator Chris. He's been on the fence for a while now about baptism and we asked for a final decision. Good news, he wants to be baptized! We set a date for August 14th. We then proceeded to teach him the Word of Wisdom AND the Law of Chastity in one lesson. As one would expect, it was a little overwhelming for him. In the lesson I felt the strongest prompting to promise him that if he read from the Book of Mormon every day, he would be able to quit smoking. So, I did. It was one of the most spiritually powerful moments on my mission so far. We get to take him to the Philadelphia temple for a special tour on the 24th and I'm so excited! I know that experience is going to give him the strength he needs to follow his savior.

Friday was just the craziest. In a rush to get baptismal suits before the mission office closed, we locked our keys in our apartment. Well, we couldn't call the mission office to bring us a key because then we wouldn't be able to get the suits. So, we went to the obvious course of action. We broke in through the window. Sister Fuelling and Sister Kraft hoisted me up onto their shoulders and I popped the screen off the second story window with my name tag. Because I have no upper body strength we then pushed up Sister Kraft, who shimmied through the window and let us in. The most impressive part is that we did it all in skirts! Life of a sister missionary.

The highlight of the week was Lois and Francess' baptism! Everything went smoothly and they were so happy! The young women went up and sang I Am A Child Of God for Francess and by the end of it everyone there was singing along. The spirit was so powerful! I feel so blessed to have been able to teach them and help them to enter in to Gods kingdom.

I love you all! The gospel is true, the book is blue.

God bless!

Sister B

Preppin the font for baptisms! 

Cow Appreciation Day at Chik-Fil-A!


Previously, on The District...
"Holy Moly!!" We have some stinkin good comp unity!
Happy Day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment