Monday, January 11, 2016

God Speed - Week 3

Hey Everyone!

This week was my last week in the MTC! What a roller coaster.

For starters, I accidentally locked all of the sisters out of the room while they were in the shower. Sister Ackerman and I had to run to the main building for a replacement key with wet hair and no shoes. The other sisters were not happy.

We said goodbye to Sister Yorgenson and Brother White. What amazing teachers they've been. I'm so thankful for the spirit that they helped us feel at the MTC.

Our last night, I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from Elder Rhibar! It was such an incredibly comforting blessing. I'm so thankful for worthy priesthood holders!

Cool little miracle story! The day before we left I was feeling so inadequate and so scared. So, on the way to dinner I said a little prayer in my head asking Heavenly Father for comfort. Immediately an Elder walks by whistling, How Firm A Foundation and the third verse starts playing in my head:

"Fear not I am with thee
Oh, be not dismayed
For I am thy God
And will still give thee aid
I'll strengthen thee, help thee
And cause thee to stand
Upheld by my righteous
Omnipotent hand"

Heavenly Father is so aware of us! I think it's so incredible how He is able to work through other people.

We had our departing devotional and I was reminded of the chapter in the Book of Mormon where the sons of Mosiah split up to go to their individual missions (Alma 17:13).

"And it came to pass when they had arrived in the borders of the land of the Lamanites, that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken."

It's only been three weeks and I have grown so much! I'll forever remember my experiences here and the Elders and Sisters that I was lucky enough to share those experiences with. They'll all be amazing missionaries. God Speed!

Sister Yorgenson! 

All of us with Brother White!

The picture that somehow captured our personalities perfectly!

Goodbye Elder Wilson and Elder Hansen! Tuscon Arizona bound!


No comments:

Post a Comment