Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hello From The MTC - Week 1

Hello From The MTC !

Hey everyone! Wow! What a week it has been! It's gone by so fast, but at the same time I feel like I've been here for years. I feel like a different person. More awake I guess you could say.

So, my companion is Sister Abbott. She's just so awesome and is going to Philly too! Her being my companion is definitley a tender mercy. She's very mellow and helps me not to stress on the little things. Our district is absolutely incredible. There are two sets of elders and a trio companionship of sisters. I have never laughed so hard in my life, and each of them have such wonderful testimonies. The spirit here at the MTC is SO STRONG! I wouldn't be able to do any of this without it.

We are in class for about 9-10 hours everyday and sometimes I feel like my brain is going to explode. There is so much to know! The Book of Mormon has quickly become the most phenomenal book. Not that it wasn't before the mission but it's different reading it here. I honestly don't know how to explain it. Every story is more real and more applicable than it ever has been. I love it!!

We've had the opportunity to teach three investigators that the MTC has provided for us. They've been a bit rocky. It's terrifying until they open the door and I introduce myself. My favorite part of being a missionary is meeting someone and immediately feeling how much love our Heavenly Father has for them. I need them to know it! So, I end up talking a lot during discussions. Probably something I need to work on. This gospel is just so amazing and has the ability to change lives for the better.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas this week! ​Remember our Savior and know that because of Him you are never alone. If we center our lives around him we'll feel the love He has for us. I love you all! Keep smiling!

Me and my dork dot. Just for you Mom.

I'm going to Philly!

Me and Sister Abbott!!

District Sister! Me, Sister Abbott, Sister Ackerman, Sister Pauu, and Sister Stapley.

This awesome little snowman we found!


The coolest District that ever was!

Our District is mighty talented in the art of Photobombing!

Me and Sister Pauu!

Taking a break after a long evening of studying. We are exhausted.


No comments:

Post a Comment