Sunday, August 28, 2016

I Can't Feel My Feet

Hi friends and family! This week was another wonderful one spent at the temple. You might be tired of hearing about it, but I'm not tired of talking about it.

We received about 9,000 people every day this week! It was so great! Sister Fuelling and I were in the reception area answering questions quite a few days. By the end of the days we are waddling to our car on our numb feet. 10 hours of standing and happily answering people's crazy questions is exhausting, but we LOVE IT!! Here are some highlights from this week!

I approached one man to see how he had enjoyed the tour and ended up talking to him for quite a while. He told me how he was a member who had joined a long time ago. When he moved away from Utah he stopped going and had been inactive for many, many years. When he heard about the open house he had the strongest desire to go back and to feel the spirit in his life again. He was able to find the nearest church building and is working toward once again having his temple recommend! So cool!

We worked on the rooftop garden one day and I got a lovely farmers tan and red nose. While up there a big group of people from where my brother will be serving his mission came through and I got to talk with them and learn more about where he will be going. That was fun. :)

Yesterday, a man came up to me very upset and started firing questions at me. None of my answers seemed to be the right ones for him and he yelled at me a bit before storming off. It was upsetting, but the spirit near the temple is so comforting. About an hour later another man came up and started asking question after question. He was so genuinely curious and humble. It got me thinking about the questions I ask my Heavenly Father. Do I fire them at him, get upset with the answer, and storm off? Or do I ask sincerely, really listen and try to understand? I definitely want to be like the second man I talked to that day.

This doesn't have anything to do with the temple but I'll let the cat out of the bag. Our mission started using Facebook a few weeks ago. We are using it strictly for proselyting in our specific areas, so I won't be able to friend any of you. But it has definitely been interesting and an adjustment. I'm excited to see the miracles that come from it as we use these new tools that God has given us to fulfill our purpose as missionaries.

Well, I love you all! Have a wonderful week! God bless.

Sister B :)

The gospel is true,
the book is blue! :) 

MY MOM IS THE BEST.
She's been packing
lunches since '95.

My Harry Potter jammies!! 

We may have locked
ourselves out again.
Couldn't get to the
window this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment